Colour Switcher:

Font Resizer:


What is a transfer?

Please note: If you are a home owner, a resident in an almshouse, or a tenant on a 6 months Assured Shorthold Tenancy who has paid a deposit, this policy/ section may not apply to you.

A transfer is when tenants move from one NCHA property to another. If this is something you are interested in please contact your local office on 0800 013 8555 for further information on how to register.

Your reasons for wanting to move to a different home will be considered and you will be given priority, depending on your circumstance. NCHA will advise you of the possibilties available to you, or may refer you to the Local Authority, depending on the type and location of property you require.

Alternatively you may wish to consider a mutual exchange. For more information on mutual exchanges click here.