Grounds maintenance of communal gardens and open areas.Caretaking, including cleaning and monitoring of health and safety in internal / external communal areas.Most caretaking services are provided by NCHA's own Scheme Managers, and include the following:
- Window cleaning for flats schemes.
- Removal of litter and dumped rubbish.
- Servicing of fire alarm and emergency lighting systems to meet fire safety regulations.
- Servicing of lifts and electric entry gates to meet health and safety regulations.
- Servicing of communal water treatment and drainage systems to meet environmental regulations.
- Monitoring and maintenance of CCTV.
On-going communal running costs such as electricity for communal lighting are also paid for through service charges.
Capital costs of communal equipment - The cost of providing and replacing items of communal equipment including communal floor coverings, fire alarm, ventilation and emergency lighting systems, door entry and security systems, lifts, drainage and water treatment systems are also recovered through the service charge over the expected life of the equipment until the original purchase cost has been recovered.
The cost of the scheme manager service is calculated to an hourly rate and includes the cost of travelling to and from schemes.