Colour Switcher:

Font Resizer:

Right to Buy

At the moment, there is no Right to Buy available on NCHA homes.

The Government has plans to extend Right to Buy to more housing association tenants. These plans are currently being drawn up and, to date, are expected to come in in 2018. If you would like find out more or register for updates please visit the government’s Right To Buy website at:

The National Housing Federation have put together a useful Q&A guide for tenants interested in Voluntary Right to Buy.

You may still be able to buy your NCHA home with Right to Acquire

The length of time NCHA has owned your home, will determine which scheme is right for you.

If your home was built or acquired by NCHA on or after 1 April 1997, you may be eligible for the Right to Acquire scheme.

To find out which scheme will apply to you, call 0800 013 8555 or email