Colour Switcher:

Font Resizer:

Employment Support

One of the aims of the government’s Welfare Reform is to encourage unemployed people into work. 

Some tenants on benefits have seen their disposable income reduce as a result of the bedroom tax, the benefit cap and council tax benefit.

If you are looking to secure employment, you can refer yourself to the following agencies:


Support is provided by 18 voluntary and community partners. Participants are supported to get closer to employment from whatever starting point they are at. Referrals should be made to or


Working Links provide a programme supporting unemployed people into paid employment. Participants need to be 25 or over. Referrals should be made to

Acorn Training provide support for those over 25. Referrals should be made to or

Prospects Ltd provide support to those 21 to 25 years old. Referrals should be made to

Nottinghamshire & Derbyshire

Access Training have a wide range of funding to provide training and employment support. For those 18+ years. Referrals should be made to

We are currently running a pilot across Nottinghamshire, find out more about Workwise

Please note:

For all referrals, the following information is required:

  • Name
  • Address
  • Contact details (telephone, email)
  • Age
  • BME category
  • Family composition
  • Brief employment history
  • Any employment preferences