Colour Switcher:

Font Resizer:

Domestic Abuse and Violence

If you are in immediate danger, phone the police on 999.

If you are an NCHA tenant and experiencing domestic abuse please contact your Estate Officer, who will be able to give you advice on your housing situation. There are a range of options from making your current home more secure, to helping you find a new place to live.

The Women's Aid Nottingham site have very good information that applies to anyone in any area about what to do in an emergency and how you can prepare if you are thinking about leaving.

Further contacts and information:
  • Women’s Aid 24-hour National Domestic Violence helpline 0800 200 0247. for A-Z of local support groups
  • for support and advice, literature and articles
  • Men's Advice Line and Enquiries, support for men suffering Domestic Violence and Abuse 0808 801 0327
  • Website offering information and support for young people on Domestic Violence and other related issues in Nottinghamshire
  • Mankind Initiative: 01823 334 244 Support for male victims of Domestic Violence and Abuse
  • Honour Network: 0800 599 247 a confidential helpline providing emotional and practical support and advice of forced marriage and /or honour based violence and abuse
  • 0300 999 5428 Broken Rainbow Support for Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender (LGBT) people experiencing Domestic Violence
  • The Women's Aid Nottingham site has advice on using computers safely and covering your tracks, if necessary. You may want to use a computer in a library or at a friend's house.